[Digikam-users] digikam thumbnail

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Sun Feb 12 01:41:49 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have some strange problem with thumbnail generation.
I have deleted all my thumbnails generated in the past. I started digikam to
re-generate those thumbnails, but it is _extremely_ slow. And it is not slow
because of the computing power. I have checked with "top" and a task called
"kio_digikamthum" sometimes appears in the top of the list (at the same time one
thumbnail is generated) and then it disappears, and nothing is happening. Only 1
thumbnail is generated for a directory. Then, after a time (more than 20
seconds, but it is random) the next thumbnail is generated, and then a time gap
again. I have never seen this behavior before (before means, when I had KDE
3.4.2. Now I have 3.5.1. Any idea what this could be? Any of you met with this
before?

Another question: Is digikam using the thumbnails generated by Konqueror also?
Like when I check a directory in Konqueror in icon-mode..will those thumbnails
be reused by digikam?

Thanks,
Gabor