[Digikam-users] problems: viewing and saving

Ken Dere kdere at derenet.us
Sat Feb 4 21:15:39 GMT 2006

I am using digikam 0.8.1which I compiled under Suse 10.0.  I think the rpms
from PackMan had similar problems.

Digikam works fine at downloading my pictures from my camera and creating
albums.  However, when I click on a thumbnail, I just get a black image.  In
the lower corner of the window, it says the file size is 0x0 pixels.  Running
it from the cli, I get the following message:

> digikam
digikam: ScanLib: Finding non-existing Albums: 16 ms
digikam: ScanLib: Finding items not in the database or disk: 343 ms
digikam: ScanLib: Updating items without date: 1 ms
digikam: ImagePlugin_Core plugin loaded
digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_Core
digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_Border
digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_InsertText
digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_AdjustLevels
digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_AdjustCurves
digikam: WARNING: /home/ken/photos/australia.2005/100_0221.JPG : Failed to
load image using imlib2: error number: 4

Previously, my problem was that I could not save edited images.  I had this
problem with the rpms distributed by Suse and those from Packman and when I
compiled it myself.  All my permissions seem to be OK.  Somewhere on this
list I saw a similar complaint and it was suggested that imlib2 was not
present when compiled but my compile finds it.  However, I can't even get to
this step now.
TIA
Ken Dere