[Digikam-users] Color management under Linux?

Dennis Meulensteen dennis at meulensteen.nl
Thu Feb 2 19:24:07 GMT 2006

It appears that there is no system wide standard CMS in Linux (and no
need for one AFAIC), but individual apps can (and do)  support different
CMS systems like LCMS and others which don't immediately come to mind.
Gimp has a plug in to do profile conversion, cinepaint is also CMS
aware, Scribus, can't forget that one.. Ehh, ImageMagick does colour
management. The problem to a new user (and I count myself in this
regard) is that every app does it differently, unfortunately also to
varying degrees of complexity.

A good site to start at could be this one:
http://www.behrmann.name

(and Google, of course)

I have not found any integrated solutions that include colorimeters for
monitor profiling, like the Colorvision Spyder on the Mac and that other
OS which shall remain nameless...

Regards,
Dennis.

If you just want to calibrate your monitor, I suggest a search for
'Norman Koren', uhh whoops, I just did:
http://www.normankoren.com/color_management.html
An excellent and Linux friendly Coulour management guide.