[Digikam-users] Compiling digikam 0.8 for Mandriva - please help!

linux newbie firsttimelinux at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 19:22:03 GMT 2006

Hi all, and sorry in advance for the dumb questions :)
  I'm running Mandriva 2005, and already have version 0.7.2 of digikam installed from the standard rpms.  Now I'm trying to upgrade to 0.8, and because the rpms aren't available for 2005, I'm trying out the compile route.

  I downloaded the tars from the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42641 and got digikam (obviously), libkexif, libkipi and also sqlite3.  I also got my kde devel libs from my standard rpms, libkdecore4-devel and co.
  The configures and makes and make installs eventually got themselves sorted out and I ended up with a file called digikam/digikam/digikam - I take it this is the executable generated from all that lot.  So I tried to run it, and it seemed to be going ok, updated my database to sqlite3 and complained about files that were in the db but no longer in the file system (by the way it should say "lose", not "loose"!)  but then it just crashed with the following message:

  Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread -1236822336 (LWP 31017)]
[KCrash handler]
#7  0xb67b7b62 in XSetForeground () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
#8  0xb6c5f0a5 in qsincos () from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#10 0x08181110 in ?? ()
#11 0xffff001d in ?? ()
#12 0xb6cb2e59 in QColor::pixel () from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#13 0x080cd980 in ?? ()
#14 0xbfffef50 in ?? ()
#15 0xbfffef30 in ?? ()
#16 0xb7156574 in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#17 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#18 0xbfffee30 in ?? ()
#19 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#20 0xb6c5faed in QPainter::updateBrush () from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#21 0xb7dcc324 in ?? ()
   from /home/ftl/download/digikam-0.8.1/digikam/digikam/.libs/libdigikam.so.0

  Could this be a conflict with my qt libraries?  Does digikam require a specific version (I've got 3.3.4, not 4)?  Or have I stuffed up the compilation somehow?  I would try to do a make install on this to see if that fixes anything, but I'm worried that that would break my currently-still-working 0.7 version.  Or maybe the 0.8 can't run while I've got the rpms for 0.7 installed?  I'm a bit lost here!!

  Thanks for any help!