[Digikam-users] Color Mgmt: Nikon D80; Printer Profile use; GAMMAPage

Ari El ari.reads at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:45:42 GMT 2006

Thanks Nicolas!

I checked out your page and played around with xcalib... the problem I have
is that I don't have the .icm of my monitor! I guess with more resources
I'll try buying a colorimeter, and that will fix the problem :)

Now I am kind of confused on 3), what I am supposed to do with the lab's
printer profile? As you mention, having the Cam's profile and a working
profile (and a calibrated monitor) seems  enough to generate a tiff for lab
printing...in my own colorspace. However I've been checking several pro labs
(just out of curiosity) and they all offer the profiles for their big
printers, what's the point?

Maybe the lab printers don't apply the profile themselves and expect the
tiff to be already in the proper colorspace?? anyone??

If I want to create a proof copy on my small printer, I guess I'd need my
printer's own profile, not my lab's.

Thanks!