[Digikam-users] IPTC keyword conversion, metadata editing

caseyfmail-linux at yahoo.ca caseyfmail-linux at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 27 14:29:11 GMT 2006

> I recently installed digikam and digikamimageplugins 0.9.0, exiv2 and

> libexiv2-0.12 from Achim's repositories onto my Kubuntu Edgy system.

> Unfortunately, digikam does not seem to convert my photos' IPTC keywords

> into tags. My understanding is that this is a new feature in the latest

> release.

>No. This is planned for future release. ATM it works only in other

>directions tags->IPTC keywords.

Are you sure? On the features page (http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/features09x), I see the following:

"Metadata from new pictures imported to digiKam album collection are scanned automaticly.[sic] digiKam Tags/Rating/Comments/Date are created automaticly in database accordinly[sic] with EXIF/IPTC contents."

Of course, I do see that this page is titled "Features (0.9.x)", so perhaps this feature is planned for a later release (e.g. 0.9.1) as you say.

> Nor does an advanced search in digikam for IPTC keywords seem

> to work. The metadata/IPTC tab does show the existing IPTC keywords

> (good!), but I cannot edit any information in this field (isn't that a

> new feature?).

>This is done in metadata plugin of kipi-plugins, Menu Image->Metadata

>m.

> > Nor does an advanced search in digikam for IPTC keywords seem

> > to work. The metadata/IPTC tab does show the existing IPTC keywords

> > (good!), but I cannot edit any information in this field (isn't that a

> > new feature?).

> This is done in metadata plugin of kipi-plugins, Menu Image->Metadata

>Do I need kipi-plugins version 1.3beta for this functionality?

>I don't have this menu-entry here.

>digikam: 0.9.0-0ubuntu1~ach0edgy1

>libkipi: 0.1.4-1ubuntu2

>kipi-plugins: 0.1.2-1ubuntu2

>Stephan

Ditto. I have the same version of kipi-plugins, and I don't have a Metadata item in the menu.

Casey