[Digikam-users] Is there a way to batch edit IPTC (credits) metadata?

Gonçalo Valverde goncalo.valverde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:19:06 GMT 2006

Hi.

On 12/13/06, Ari El <ari.reads at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure that when digikam 0.9.0 flows into the distros a few months from
> now, you will receive this request more and more often; the latest digikam
> is so feature complete that covers nearly all everyday needs of digital
> image workflows, many people including pros will be switching from
> propietary tools. Most of those don't feel at home with command lines and
> will rely on digikam GUI for batch processing.

Well, digiKam is a nice tool, and i prefer it to f-spot, but to be
honest in terms of digital image workflow there are some things that
could be improved a lot. I know that complaining without doing nothing
is worth bollocks, but the usabillity of the interface has a lot of
room to be improved. In Adobe Lightroom all the actions are available
at the left strip.. in digiKam you need to dig in the menus to get the
same functionalities. Granted, you can have some of the actions in the
toolbar, but a lot of them are only available through the menus, which
decreases a lot the productivity. Right now, if Adobe released a
version of Lightroom for Linux i would buy it (even if costed
something like 300 euros).
Don't get me wrong.. I'm for Free Software, and I help in promoting
it, but while editing my photos I don't want to spend a lot of time
digging in menus. An approach similar to the tool strip used by
Lightroom would improve a lot the productivity of digiKam (which i've
been using in the last weeks, and like a lot).

Best regards