[Digikam-users] Can't compile digikamimageplugins 0.9.0 RC1

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 06:36:10 GMT 2006

Ari El wrote:

> Thanks Gilles.
>
> I finally got imageplugins to compile and install, in an unorthodox way,
> this is what I did, in case someone else runs into the same problem:
>
> (This is for Ubuntu 6.10 / Edgy; this assumes you have a working digikam RC2
> already built and installed)
>
>    - Completely remove package Digikam using synaptics
>
>      1) export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1
>
>      3) make -f Makefile.cvs
>      4) ./configure
>
>      4bis) Navigate with Nautilus to your digikam-0.9.0-rc2 sources
> directory (not imageplugins)
>               Click Search and type ".h" (without the "); press enter; press
> Ctrl-A; press Ctrl-C
>               Open a terminal and type sudo nautilus; then navigate to
> /usr/include/kde/digikam
>               Press Ctrl-V  (this copies all headers selected previously)
>
>       5) make
>
>       7) sudo make install

You shouldn't have had to do all of that messing around at all.  Digikam
since 0.7 has compiled cleanly on *Ubuntu without any steps beyond
having the right -dev packages, unpacking the tarball/checking out svn,
running make and make install.  Check the digikam site for the scripts
that build it in your home directory (and install it there too, but that
could be changed).