[Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:54:47 GMT 2006

Hi,

Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> On Thursday, December 7, 2006 11:11:23 AM Daniel Bauer wrote:
>
>>using PKGCONFIGFOUND="no" makes configure complain about other missing
>>parts:
>

> yes, of course
>
>>-- Exiv2 library found............ YES
>>Now that it finds Exiv2 it doesn't find sqlite and libkipi anymore...
>

> I want only a simple test if my analyse fits on your system - and this seems
> to be true.
>
> You have to options:
> 1) Try to convince the kipi-devels that the current kipi configure-checks is
> bad style

I'm not sure they are wrong :) Maybe KDE_PKG_CHECK_MODULES could be
replaced by PKG_CHECK_MODULES in graphics/digikam/configure.in.in
<http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/configure.in.in?rev=609246&view=markup>

But, it could be better to change the order of the different elements
that compose PKG_CONFIG_PATH (see my previous email).
The problem is that it's not part of digikam, but part of KDE :)

Daniel, there's also a simple local solution :
I guess you don't need to have 2 developpment headers for exiv2 at the
same time. So you could just remove the file
/opt/kde3/lib/pkgconfig/exiv2.pc (if it's not part of a package, or
maybe remove the exiv2-devel package if it exists).

--
Fabien