[Digikam-users] Is this KIO error significant/important?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Wed Dec 6 12:59:06 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 01:42:25PM +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > in local, run '#tail -f ~/.xsession-errors" and restart digiKam and look
> > > if any error messages appears.
> >
> > No X errors I'm afraid, still getting:-
> >
> >     kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
> >
> > Digikam version reports correctly:-
> >
> >     server$ digikam -v
> >     Qt: 3.3.6
> >     KDE: 3.5.4
> >     digiKam: 0.9.0-rc2
>
> strange. I have fixed a huge memory leak duing of wrong management of picture
> preview mode (F3 in album view). Before to fix it, i have this error message.
>
> This error message can be also reported by another part of KDE. To be sure, go
> to an album, select the first item, press F3 and change current picture to
> show using mouse wheel or PageUp/PageDown keys. If digikam crash after to
> view some pictures, something is wrong.

That will have to wait until I get home this evening, I doubt very
much if F3 is mapped across correctly nor the other keys, not to
mention that it would be impossibly slow!

It's amazing it works at all really, I'm running Kea/X (X server) on a
PC displaying a Sun Solaris CDE desktop.  I then ssh from a Sun
terminal window to my home system and run Digikam using the ssh
connection as the 'pipe'.

> But i will be suprised if it crash. i have tested indeep this part using
> valgrind and now the memory leak is fixed.

I will try and remember to check it when I get home and report what
happens.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)