[Digikam-users] Is this KIO error significant/important?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Wed Dec 6 11:41:42 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 11:32:26AM +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 11:36, cl at isbd.net wrote:
> > When I start digikam from a terminal window I see the following at the
> > end of the start up messages:-
> >
> >     digikam: ImagePlugin_Core plugin loaded
> >     digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_Core
> >     digikam: /home/chris/Pictures/dtest/Evelyn/Thailand/aps054.jpg : JPEG
> > file identified kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
> >     digikam: Found JPEGLossless plugin
> >     digikam: Transforming with option 0 5
> >     digikam: No EXIF information found.
> >
> > Is that kio error significant or important?
>
> yes. try RC2 or current implementation from svn. it's fixed.

OK, thanks, I've got RC2 installed now, and I'm still getting the
message:-

    KIPI (loading): Loaded RawConverter
    KIPI (loading): KIPI::PluginLoader: Loaded plugin RawConverter
    digikam: ImagePlugin_Core plugin loaded
    digikam: ImagePluginLoader: Loaded plugin ImagePlugin_Core
    digikam: /home/chris/Pictures/dtest/Evelyn/Thailand/aps054.jpg : JPEG file identified
    kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data

I haven't installed the Kipi plugins 1.3 beta yet (see other thread),
would this be relevant?  I'm also running this across an ssh
connection from a (very) remote machine, i.e. digikam is a machine at
home and I'm doing all this from work, might that affect things if the
X permissions aren't exactly right?

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)