[Digikam-users] Missing libkexif.so.1, where can I get it?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Wed Dec 6 09:47:39 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:24:43AM +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 10:27, cl at isbd.net wrote:
> > I have digikam 0.9.0-beta3 and I've just realised that some of my
> > problems with it are because it can't find libkexif.so.1.  The version
> > option reports as follows:-
> >
> >     server$ digikam -v
> >     Qt: 3.3.6
> >     KDE: 3.5.4
> >     digiKam: 0.9.0-beta3
> >
> > So how can I get libkexif.so.1, should it have been installed with one
> > of the above?  Whatever, how can I sort things out?  (This is a
> > Slackware 11 system by the way)
>
> compile and install libkexif using source code :
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149779

Thanks - that was easy, it configured, compiled and installed without
any problems.

Now I *do* have the "Rotate" option!   :-)

Sorry I didn't spot the startup error before folks, but anyway it's
sorted now.

By the way what (if anything) should have included the libkexif.so.1
library?

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)