[Digikam-users] How to assign ICC profile to image

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Dec 5 20:19:35 GMT 2006

Le mardi 5 décembre 2006 18:03, Dik Takken a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions regarding images that do not have an embedded ICC
> profile:
>
> 1. How can I assign an ICC profile to an image that does not have any
> embedded profile yet? And will DigiKam embed it in the file after
> assignment?

You cannot assign an icc profile without transforming image. Still todo. very
simple to implement but time missing (:=)))

Else, Color management plugin can do it, but it will transform color of
course.

Of course digiKam embed icc profile data in JPEG, TIFF or PNG. There is a
section for that ouside image data. icc profile is a metadata !

> 2. How does DigiKam do color management on images without embedded ICC
> profiles?

It will ask you to convert it to your default workspace profile set in CM
setup. There is an option for that...

> Does is assume a particular profile (sRGB for instance)?

no, it just use your selection in setup.

> When
> assign, if the image has none.

yes, digiKam do it via a color correction dialog.

Gilles