[Digikam-users] Digikam withoout KDE - questions

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 5 20:20:05 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:59:12PM +0100, Fabien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
> > I'm running (or at least learning) Digikam on a Slackware 11 system
> > in the fvwm window manager.  I have, of course, got all the KDE
> > libraries installed otherwise Digikam wouldn't work at all.
> >
> > However I seem to have a couple of issues which may be due to running
> > it outside KDE and I'd appreciate some help in resolving them.
>
> I encourage you to read the FAQ where I added some entries about that :
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=faq/digikam

I'm not quite sure exactly which FAQ entries you mean but I have read
most/many of the FAQs.

> >     I can't get the right sidebar tabs to open, they're sitting there
> >     down the RHS of the window but no combination of clicks on them
> >     makes them pop up.  How can I get to the contents of the right
> >     sidebar tabs?
>
> If you try twice to click in one tab on the right (eg metadata), you
> should see at least a "slider" to change the size of the sidebar, just
> on the right on the scroll bar.
> Maybe it's the problem...

I think I was just being clumsy or something, the right sidebar
appeared OK after I'd clicked about a bit!  :-)

> >     How do I tell if the kipi plugins are installed?  I don't seem to
> >     have 'Rotate' available in the right button menu of images.
>
> Check settings/configure digikam/{Imageplugins, Kipi-Plugins}.

I have ImagePlugin_Core in Imageplugins and 16 plugins (including KIPI
JPEG lossless plugin) in KIPI Plugins.  However I still can't rotate
pictures by right clicking on them, there's no Rotate option in the
menu that appears.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)