[Digikam-users] exif data missing

atze atze at o2o.com.au
Sun Aug 27 06:33:20 BST 2006

Hello,

I have an issue (user problem most likely)

I am using digicam 0.7.4 on SUSE 10.0 with KDE 3.4.2 (level b) and have quite
a lot ( > 40GB) of pictures. On all my pictures I can read the exif data.

I have now installed SUSE 10.1 with KDE 3.5.1 (level a) one a second Laptop
and have copied all pictures to this laptop. Using digikam 0.8.1, I can not
see any exif data !!! (panic)

I have then upgraded to digikam 0.8.2, but the same issue. This leed me to
belive that I've missed something when I copied the data across. (I've used
gftp to copy the files across.)

But when I shared the data partition (via samba) and accessing the files from
the SUSE 10 laptop, the exif data shows ok.

I've also tried to IMPORT the data dir but same result.

What have I done wrong ?

I really would like to use the latest stable version of digikam, but I need
the exif data .....

Any help is very very very much appreciated.

cul atze