[Digikam-users] No thumbnails for .mov files

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:48:03 BST 2006

Hello,

I use Digikam 0.8.2 on Debian Etch (testing). It's "About" box says it uses
KDE 3.5.3 and Kipi library 0.1.4.

The problem is simple - Digikam doesn't show thumbnails for any of the .mov
movie files I import from a Nikon Coolpix 4500.

I found an advise in the FAQ to increase the size of the limit for
thumbnails and did this to 20Mb but it still doesn't work (all my movie
files are less than 10Mb long).

Konqueror shows thumnails for the movies properly.

I tried to clean my thumbmails cache after increasing the site but still it
doesn't help - Digikam will re-create thumbnails for regular photos but not
for the movies.

I use GNOME 2.14 as my desktop environment.

Digging the network so far only seems to indicate that people just get it
working and at most had problems with older versions of Digikam on large
files and such.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks very much,

--Amos