[Digikam-users] digikam 0.8.2 beta1

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Apr 24 09:36:47 BST 2006

Hi,

We are pleased to announce digiKam 0.8.2 beta1.  This version is
mostly a bugfixes.

digiKam is a digital photo management application for KDE, focussed on
importing and organizing digital photos. Aimed at all types of users.

New features:

	o display JPEG that use CMYK color space

	o Rating image using keyboard shortcuts CTRL+0/1/2/3/4/5 from
	  main interface (#123646)

	o Buttons to set the album date to oldest, yougest of the
	  images in the album (#120963)

Bugs fixed:

	o #123742: preview-pictures seem to be handled differently by
	  Digikam and Konqueror

	o #121905: albums not displayed corectly and digikam crashes
	  with St9bad_alloc

	o #120053: digikam: whatthis info not closed when albumview is
	  scrolled up or down with cursur keys

	o #120052: digikam: redraw problem with whatthis info of an
	  image show and starts scrolling with the mouse

	o #119946: thumbnails not correctly rotated according to exif
	  information

	o #116248: Ask user which plugins should be enabled on first
	  startup (all plugins are enabled by default first startup)

	o #115460: opening and closing right pane with tag filter also
	  changes width of left pane and vv

	o #121646: Digikam on PPC has problem identifying JPEG and tries
	  to use dcraw with them

	o #120479: Search problem for not tagged or commented images
	  #120775: Search doesn't find pictures without rating

Downloading:

The source tarball is available from:

Achim Bohnet
digiKam team