[Digikam-users] Empty camera list after upgrading libgphoto2

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Sat Apr 22 22:49:30 BST 2006

On Saturday 22 April 2006 18:18, Stephan Paukner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need libgphoto2 in version 2.1.99 as this added support for the Canon
> Digital IXUS 750. The current version in Debian 'testing' is 2.1.6, and
> the camera list (when adding a camera) in Digikam of course doesn't show
> the mentioned camera.
> But after upgrading to libgphoto2 (2.1.99) from Debian 'experimental',
> the list in Digikam is completely empty, while gphoto2 on the command
> line did detect my camera. How do I tell Digikam where to obtain the
> list of supported cameras? Do I have to install it from source?

This sounds like a compatibility bug in libghoto2.  You can try to
rebuild digikam and check if this fixes the problem:

	su -
	apt-get build-dep digikam
	apt-get -b source digikam

and install the new .deb.  When this fixes the problem, libgphoto2
broke the library API :(   File a serious bug against libgphoto2.

Achim