[Digikam-users] Empty camera list after upgrading libgphoto2

Stephan Paukner paux at paukner.cc
Sat Apr 22 17:18:07 BST 2006

Hi!

I need libgphoto2 in version 2.1.99 as this added support for the Canon
Digital IXUS 750. The current version in Debian 'testing' is 2.1.6, and
the camera list (when adding a camera) in Digikam of course doesn't show
the mentioned camera.
But after upgrading to libgphoto2 (2.1.99) from Debian 'experimental',
the list in Digikam is completely empty, while gphoto2 on the command
line did detect my camera. How do I tell Digikam where to obtain the
list of supported cameras? Do I have to install it from source?

Thanks and regards
--
Stephan Paukner <paux at paukner.cc>