[Digikam-users] Slides about digiKam

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Mon Apr 17 08:53:06 BST 2006

Hello,

Handling of 16 bit images through plugins is possible. However I cannot
open 16-bit TIFF files (I get a big black picture). But I think this
would be very useful, since it is very good to use digikam for post
processing after converting a RAW to a 16 bit TIFF (yes, to be honest I
am using an external RAW converter).
The RAW converter can also save to 8 bit TIFF (and this can be opened by
digikam), but of course this contains much less information, and its not
really usable for a quality post-processing.

Any plan to support 16bit TFF files?

Thanks!
Regards,
Gábor