[Digikam-users] Problem compiling digiKam 0.8.3: sqlite3 not found

Laurent Saplairoles lsaplai_list at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 17 05:14:01 BST 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 01:59, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Dimanche 16 Avril 2006 10:19 AM, Julien Narboux a écrit :
> > Laurent Saplairoles a écrit :
> > > Hello all
> > >
> > > New to this list, I have been enjoying digiKam for some time now.
> > >
> > > Running Mandriva 2006 X'mas edition, I am trying to upgrade fom DigiKam
> > > 0.8.0 to 0.8.3
>
> 0.8.3 do not exists yet (:=)). You want mean 0.8.1 ?

Of course! Sorry, I have also been trying to get Kmymoney2 to install and got
the versions mixed up.

> > > However, ./configure claims that dgiKam needs sqlite3.
> > > I have downloaded it from sqlite.org but I'm not sure where to put the
> > > executable (it's a small - 400kB - bin file). In case, I copied it in
> > > usr/bin but with no success.
> > >
> > > Could anyone help me solve this problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think it is easier to install the Mandriva package by typing as root :
> >
> > urpmi libsqlite3_0-devel

Merci Julien! I did just that then digikam compiled just right. I am now
happily running the latest official release!

> yes. I'm develop digiKam under mandriva 2006. Just following README file
> from source code tarball or svn repository

./ configure, make, make install. That worked just fine. It's always easier
when one has all required packages pre-installed though :-)

If you develop under Mandriva, why is there not an rpm available sooner for
it? It seems that Suse and Ubuntu are usually served faster. Anyway, thank
you for your great work; digiKam is a really nice package.

--
Laurent