[Digikam-users] saving the results of a search?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 12 06:45:42 BST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> Le Mardi 11 Avril 2006 10:39 PM, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> > > I will take a look at that, I probably missed some place where the rating
> > > is assigned with the patch last week.
> >
> > The problem is that the shortcut changes the state of the sidebar rating
> > widget only and the change is applied to the DB only when the picture is
> > changed, and then the main view is informed.
> > Should theh change directly be written to the DB?

I don't know about the technical implications of such a change,
but it would give the user immediate feedback.
Might be worth a try.

> well, a better way is to use the rating method from image contextual menu (to
> batch rating on current album). It's more powerfull...

However, when rating pictures individually I very much like the recent
CTRL+1 to CTRL+5 way via the keyboard. So for rating a sequence of
pictures I only need the  keyboard and don't have to use the mouse
(which is not as fast).

The context menu is another option, but normally the
ratings differ strongly from one picture to the next
(i.e. good/very good pictures come less often than, let's say, 1* ones ;-)

Best, Arnd