[Digikam-users] Showfoto, doesn't!

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sun Apr 9 19:19:24 BST 2006

Le Dimanche 09 Avril 2006 08:00 PM, Dennis Meulensteen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After I updated my suse 10.0 to KDE 3.5.2 level "a" my showfoto only
> shows a black background. The histogram display works, but none of the
> previews (such as in the sharpening dialog). Nothing I've tried to get
> the picture to show up works, and the same images worked fine before.
> Besides, they work well in digikam itself.
>
> To exclude packaging from the equasion, I compiled from svn, stable
> branch. This gives me version 0.82 beta-1.

But showfoto use external library like imlib2 (that used to render image in
screen). If this package is broken in your system, nothing can be solved.

Are you started showfoto fro a console a seen any error messages ?

If you can compile source code from svn, try trunk branch (0.9.0-svn). This
one do not depend of imlib2. Warning, this is alpha...

Gilles