[Digikam-users] exif rotation

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Apr 7 16:26:16 BST 2006

Hi,

I have a question concerning the rotation of pictures according
to their exif information (I am using svn trunk).
The rotation of the thumbs works fine and also
when entering the image editor, the rotation is respected.

However, when moving to the next picture in the image editor,
one gets the message
"The image 'IMG_5347.JPG' has been modified.
 Do you want to save it."

This is very annoying if one just wants to look at a sequence
of images (eg. for rating and tagging).
Is there a way to avoid this warning?
(I would prefer if this automatic rotation would be done in the image
editor, but ignored as a change of the picture).

Best, Arnd