[Digikam-users] White balance

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Sun Apr 2 23:07:45 BST 2006

Hi,

I am playing with raw conversion and white balance settings in the fresh svn
version of digikam, and I have a question related to this:

After converting a raw to an adjustable image, I am trying to set the white
balance of the picture. Lets say, I set it to 6500K. Calculation done, the
picture is almost perfect. However it needs a slight adjustment with the white
balance. If I re-invoke the white balance settings I will find that it says:
Temperature: 4750.
However, I know it is 6500!

I suppose this is not a bug. I guess digikam doesn't know the color temperature
of a picture by itself. It needs this information either from the camera or from
the user, which is normal. But I think digikam does not get this information
from the camera, or - after setting it to a value - it does not store it
somewhere in a database.

Am I right?

Thanks!

Regards,