[Digikam-users] New digiKam and digikamimageplugins beta

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Sep 25 17:14:54 BST 2005

The digiKam team is proud to provide a second beta of digiKam 0.8. This
release followes one month after beta 1 and we now ask everyone to test this
version so we can resolve the remaining bugs.

Please take a moment to test this version and report all your problems! It
would be great if you could mail digikam-devel at kde.org the Konsole output of
the first digiKam startup (no subscription needed to post this info) !

In comparisation to beta 1, we have fixed the following bugs:
- Crash on rogue jpeg file (bug 112801)
- Disable "remove tags" menu item when there are no common tags (111798)
- Added some more extensions we support
- A protocol error prevented correct drap-and-drop to other applications
- When a camera was added to the toolbar, the icon wasn't displayed after
program restart
- A caching problem was visible when an image was saved with "Save As" with a
filename that  already existed in the album.
- Fixed a crash when adding items to showfoto's toolbar
- Fixed some problems in showfoto with 'Save As'
- Fixed some thumbnail caching problems in ShowFoto (111873)
- Some more space was created to select images, which is helpfull when KDE is
configured to single click is open (11695)
- Showfoto's handbook was not showing properly (99497)
- Size of the search window is now saved
- Better error handling when there is a permission problem when moving images
- A progress dialog was blocking an error dialog in some cases.
- Some optimalisation was done in the comments / tag editor.
- New color gradient for the histogram.
- Fixed a problem where it was not possible to delete folders with subfolders.
- Fixed bug so window dimensions where not saved correctly sometimes.
- Improvement to the thumbbar of showfoto to keep the next thumb visible.
- red eye correction configuration was not saved

You can read more about the 0.8 series in the release announcement of beta 1,
available at our website (www.digikam.org)

<< Where to get it >>

You can download both from digiKam's SourceForge area:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/digikam/

Packages for kubuntu will soon arrive at:
   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/hoary/Pkgs.php

Packages for debian are (just) uploaded into experimental:
   http://packages.debian.org/experimental/graphics/digikam
   http://packages.debian.org/experimental/graphics/digikamimageplugins

We will provide a klik-image soon, please keep an eye on our website for that:
   http://www.digikam.org

Tom Albers
digiKam team
http://www.kde.nl | http://www.digikam.org |irc: toma | toma at jabber.kovoks.nl