[Digikam-users] digikam 0.8 SVN questions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Sep 1 07:24:55 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 31 Août 2005 08:24 PM, Sebastian Röder a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I' trying to install digikam from the SVN snapshots for some days now on
> Gentoo Linux.
>
> First I wanted to install in paralell to the stable digikam (Gentoo ebuild
> that installs to /usr) to /usr/local - but I was told not to do so.
>
> Them I unistalled all the stable digikam ebuilds (libkipi and plugins
> libkexif, digikam & plugins) but installing the SVN stuff to /usr/local
> still brought some problems. My albums were "empty" and the console output
> says that it could not find KIO-slave "album" (or something like that) to
> open the albums. Now I've installed everything to /usr (were KDE is
> located) and it seems to work - or do I have put it in /usr/kde?
>
> What I find strange is that there is no translations of the GUI but I'm
> quite sure the beta1 had some - is there no translation yet or did I
> something wrong?
>
> Furthermore I'd expact to see the right sidebar in the image editor window
> for Histogramm, EXIF and so on but they are not there. Showphoto still has
> the "old" thumnail "sidebar" on the right instead of the new style one
> below the main window. I used shnapshots form last night, 3am. Are this
> things not in SVN yet?

Well, the team had decided to delay at 0.8.1 the Image Properties SideBar
integration. Source code relevant is on my computer until 0.8.0 release date.
I will commit this code after.

You can test the last digikam tarball including this code at this url :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/digikam_with_sidebar.tar.gz

This is a copy of my local svn folders, including all recents svn commits!