[Digikam-users] feature-request: optional view of children of tag

Harald Finster hfinster at gmx.de
Mon Oct 31 07:28:11 GMT 2005

Hello,

thanks for your kind reply, Tom!

Tom Albers wrote:

> This is possible, just expand the left 'tag' view, make child tags, assign
> images and click on the mother tag to view the those pictures, including
> pictures with child tags.

yes, that's clear (with versin > 0.8)

Maybe, my example was bad. I'll try an other one to make the point clear.

Assume, you have the following tag-structure with locations as
parents of child-tags

'location-tags-tree'
--------------------

Germany

    Aachen
       Aachen-Cathedral
       Aachen-Cityhall

    Cologne
       Cologne-Cathedral
       Cologne-Railway-Station

France

    Paris

       Tour-Eiffel
       Notre-Dame-Cathedral

now, I would like to use a second structure to categorize my objects:

'category-tags-tree'
--------------------

buildings

       churches

       railway-stations

       city-halls

Instead of tagging individual images, I would like to assign the tags defined
in the 'location-tags-tree' to the tags in the 'category-tags-tree'.

In this example:

buildings

       churches          <- Aachen-Cathedral, Cologne-Cathedral

       railway-stations  <- Cologne-Railway-Station

       city-halls        <- Aachen-Cityhall

So, clicking on the mother tag 'Aachen' will show all images
of 'Aachen-Cathedral and 'Aachen-Cityhall' (this does already
work).
In addition clicking on 'churches' would show all
images of Aachen-Cathedral and Cologne-Cathedral

The point is, that the organizasion of tags is not resticted to
a tree-structure.

Greetings Harald

--
Dr.-Ing. Harald Finster / Aachen Germany
http://www.finster-stahlart.de industrial history and architecture