[Digikam-users] Digikam failed to connect to camera, even as root - but Gphoto2 works, even as user!

Michael Kiefer Michael-Kiefer at web.de
Sun Oct 2 12:56:57 BST 2005

Dear list,

Digikam used to work fine for me for several months now, but since I made a
couple of updates in my gentoo system, I receive the following error message:

Failed to connect to camera. Please make sure its connected properly and
turned on. Would you like to try again?

I get this even when I'm logged in as root. On the other hand, I can access
the camera even as a normal user with the gphoto2 command line program. I
tried with 0.7.1 and 0.7.4. Strange thing is that digikam used to work
before.
Anyone got a clue?

Michael