[Digikam-users] sqlite data

Joel B. Mohler joel at kiwistrawberry.us
Wed Nov 23 21:19:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm new to digiKam (just getting my digital camera today) and it looks like
just the thing to organize photos in a wife-friendly manner.  I have one
question though.  I'd like to archive the photo captions/tags etc in a human
readable format.  I'm under the impression that all of this information is
kept in the digikam.db in the root album folder in an sqlite format.  I
thought I could then have the sqlite CLI program dump the data for backup.
However that doesn't work on my computer with the following issues:

**************************
$ sqlite3 digikam.db
SQLite version 3.2.1
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> .tables
Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
sqlite> .database
Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
sqlite>

Am I understanding the file digikam.db correctly?  Is there another way to
export this information which is automatable for daily backup?

--
thanks
Joel