[Digikam-users] digiKam and digikamimageplugins RC

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Fri Nov 11 13:04:42 GMT 2005

The digiKam team is proud to provide a release candidate of digiKam 0.8. This
release follows six weeks after beta 2 and we now ask everyone to test this
version.

Please take a moment to test this version and report all your problems!

In comparisation to beta 2, we have fixed the following bugs:

- More RAW file formats supported by default
- Slow showing of thumbnails (bug 112467)
- After rotating an image, the first image in the folder get's the keyboard
focus (bug 112971, 105663)
- Can not change the tag icon with the contextual menu "Edit Tag
Properties..." after setting a photo as tag thumbnail.  (bug 113808)
- Save/restore quick search dialog size (bug 113806)
- When a camera is added to the toolbar, the icon is not displayed after
DigiKam restart (bug 113804).
- Image permissions are restricted after saving (bug 113914)
- Thumbbar fullscreen mode configuration problem (bug 113919)
- Show the week number in the month widget
- After modifying the DigiKam main toolbar, the KIPI menus have disappeared
(bug 114507)
- Search dialog: images are not rotated correctly (bug 114848)

You can read more about the 0.8 series in the release announcement of beta 1,
available at our website (www.digikam.org)

<< Where to get it >>

You can download both from digiKam's SourceForge area:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/digikam/

Packages for kubuntu will soon arrive at:
   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/breezy/Pkgs.php
   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/hoary/Pkgs.php

Joern Ahrens
digiKam team