[Digikam-users] 0.8 beta - no kipi-plugins on right click

efpost efpost at web.de
Sat Nov 5 16:26:58 GMT 2005

I have just installed digikam 0.8.0-beta2 from the debian packages.
Installation went smoothly and digikam works fine. Really great programm.

However, in comparison with version 0.7.4 I encountered a slight
inconvenience.
Under 0.7.4 in album view and some images selected: If I right-click I
get a set of entries like for example a submenu "batch processes", which
shows a lot of the kipi-plugins like "rename images". In 0.8 these
entries are not accessible via right mouse click. They can be found
under the Tools-menu, submenu batch processes. Same is true for other
options like "email images" which is no longer executable via right
click, but has to be invoked via Image menu.

As I said this is not a bug, but an inconvenience. Is there a reason for
this? If possible I would like to get the old behaviour back.

Regards
Udo Einhoff