[Digikam-users] email+thunderbird

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Mon Jul 18 20:09:43 BST 2005

Oliver Dörr wrote:

>Caulier Gilles wrote:

>>>Hi Gilles,
>>>
>>>the only thing i'm asking for is if you start thunderbird with - remote.
>>>If so then i wonder why it works for netscape and mozilla. As far as i
>>>understood the -remote requires a parameter that we are not using and
>>>not needing. If you don't want to test it, i will try to do that next
>>>weekend. But i'm not a C++ Programmer and i have never used KDE and QT
>>>API. So i'm not sure if i could make it.
>>>

>>Well, i working hard on 0.8.0 release of image editor plugins actually. Too,
>>i'm currently out of my office (hollidays).
>>
>>You can try to test very easily to change the source of sendimage.cpp on line
>>419 for the first stage and in line 682 for the second stage (if the first is
>>failed).
>>
>>Gilles
>>

>I will test it on the weekend. I had programmed C and against the GUI
>from ATARI in the past, so i should be able to make this little
>modifications and send you the details after that.

Hmmm,

i tested a bit and i believe my method will fix this problem, but i need
a little help coding the bug fix. In fact i need two pieces of code

1. I need a way to detect wether thunderbird/mozilaa/netscape is
running. This is needed because otherwise i'll have toi start it on my
own (this works already fine on my system).
2. I need a bit of code to wait a short time (5 seconds or so). I found
some documentation about QTimer for doing this, but QTimer has to be
connected with a method that it will start after the time is over. I
just need a sleep for 5 seconds. Is there a way to do this or do ihave
to write my 1st QT/KDE method?

Any wise guy likes to help me?
Oliver