[Digikam-users] exif comment from image to db

Rüdiger Mähl Ruediger.Maehl at web.de
Wed Jul 13 07:01:35 BST 2005

<digikam-users at kde.org> schrieb am 12.07.05 15:17:56:

> Op dinsdag 12 juli 2005 14:32, schreef Rüdiger Mähl:
> > <digikam-users at kde.org> schrieb am 12.07.05 13:31:13:

> > > Which version of digiKam?
> >
> > digikam-0.7.3beta2.rpm
>
> Ok, we rearranged this part in 0.8, which is not yet in release stadium. 0.8
> will add the comments automatigally to the database and makes them
> searchable.

Well, I imagined already that you are working on that. BTW, when do you
deliberately plan to release the first versions of 0.8?

> I'm not sure how it was in 0.7.3, but maybe you can tell us what you want to
> do and we can tell you if it is possible.

Concerning exif/digikam comments I would like this behaviour:

When I "Edit comments and tags..." (or similar for: "Kommentare
& Stichworte bearbeiten...") for an image and there is not already
a digikam comment, if an image comment exists, it should appear in
the appropriate textbox for the comment. Further processing, like
"[x] save always" (or similar), should be as usual.

Of course, a batch processing for a whole album would be appreciated, too.

Rüdiger