[Digikam-users] email+thunderbird

Lenny Leblanc lleblanc at macroelite.ca
Sun Jul 10 11:21:58 BST 2005

Here's my versions:

Digikam - 0.7.2
KipiPlugins - 0.1.1
Thunderbird - 1.0

The following is a script that I use to get Firefox to talk properly to
Thunderbird.  Not sure if this helps...

-- START
#!/bin/bash
# This script allows FireFox to send mailto: links
# to Thunderbird

THUNDERBIRD="/usr/thunderbird/thunderbird"
THUNDERBIRD_REMOTE="/usr/thunderbird/mozilla-xremote-client -a thunderbird"

echo "Firefox mailto: $*" >> $HOME/log.txt

MAILTO_URL="$1"
#Strip off the protocol as this confuses Thunderbird
MAIL_DATA=`echo "$MAILTO_URL" | /bin/sed -s 's/^mailto://'`

if $THUNDERBIRD_REMOTE 'ping()'; then
         $THUNDERBIRD_REMOTE "mailto( $MAIL_DATA )"
else
         #The mailto needs to be in the format mailto:someone at example.com
         #eg not mailto://someone@example.com
         $THUNDERBIRD -P default -compose "$MAILTO_URL"
fi
exit 0
-- END

--