[Digikam-users] email+thunderbird

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Sun Jul 10 15:55:51 BST 2005

Hi Gilles,

i just found something wrong in the startup process from thunderbird
from KIPI. If thunderbird itself has to be started (cause of no running
instance), it is started using

/opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin -remote

I found this information in the thunderbird start script for debbugging
purposes. The option -remote is only used then talking to a running
instance of thunderbird....

So as a test i started my thunderbird manually the same way kipi does
and got
/opt/thunderbird/thunderbird -remote
Error: -remote requires an argument

but not a running thunderbird. So this maybe the problem. (it is a
problem on my system ;-)

Oliver