[Digikam-users] Probleme mit Tif

Rinse de Vries rinsedevries at kde.nl
Sun Jul 3 21:31:03 BST 2005

With digikam 7.3 beta2 i still had the problem with tiff-files not available
in digikam.
I just compiled digikam 7.3 rc1, and the problem is gone.

I guess for some reason, tiff support in digikam 7.2 is broken on suse because
of some kind of incompatibility with the libtiff library of suse 9.3

perhaps gilles can tell if there is any difference in support for tiff between
7.3 rc1 and previous digikam versions.

I'd suggest you compile digikam yourself.
Be aware that digikam requires some devel packages that are only available on
the installation dvd or ftp site, not on the cd-rom's
(like the develpackages voor libtiff, libjpeg, etc..)

Kind regards, Rinse