[Digikam-users] digikam on Kanotix

efpost efpost at web.de
Fri Dec 23 15:36:51 GMT 2005

>Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:50:13 -0500
>
>I have tried to install Digikam on Kanotix without success.  It keeps
>reporting message that: Error link
>Unable to mount /tmp/app/  When klik okay, reports:
>/home/tom/.2AppRun: line 132:
>/tmp/app//wrapper: No such file or directory.
>
>I have installed the directories via the Command line a number of times
>and get same results.
>The installation was done via the klik link from within Kanotix using
>the Applications installed by klik - Install more software.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Tom

Hi Tom,

the easiest way to install digikam is via apt-get. If you are running an
up-to-date Kanotix, just enter (as root) apt-get update && apt-get
install digikam digikamimageplugins kipi-plugins.
Should you have any additional questions you may want to visit the
Kanotix forum (www.kanotix.com).

Regards Udo