[Digikam-users] Can't see photos

wayne iw at ukulele.com
Thu Dec 1 17:56:26 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 06:26 pm, wayne wrote:

> I just installed 0.8.0 on my Mandriva 2006 system and I'm having
> problems. I can download my photos into the digikam folders but I can't
> see them in the folder. I know they're there because I can see them in
> Konqueror file manager. Also, when I try to download them again into the
> same folder, it tells me that they're already there and asks if I want
> to write over them. So, the photos are there but I can't see them, not
> even the frames.
>
> Furthermore, the "Aspect Ratio Crop" tool is not listed at all. Is there
> some file that I overlooked during the installation? I used an rpm from
> rpm.pbone.net

I downloaded and installed the rpm again and this time I'm able to see my
photos and the "Aspect Ration Crop" tool is present. However, I'm not able
to move or copy any pics between folders. I get this error message: "Could
not start process Unable to create io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown
protocol 'digikamio'."

What is "digikamio?"

Thanks,
Wayne