[Digikam-users] Compiling from SVN

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 21:57:30 BST 2005

I've gone back to a 32-bit version - too many things getting broken under
64-bit!

I've followed the instructions on the Digikam download page to get the SVN
version, and done make -f Makefile.cvs.   After a while (and lots of
warnings!), it fails with an error message:

	configure.in:789: required file `libkexif/libkexif.pc.in' not found
	configure.in:816: required file `libkipi/libkipi.pc.in' not found
	make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
	make: *** [all] Error 2

My directory structure is (cut down to the relevant bits):

DigikamSVN/
'- graphics/
   '- autom4te.cache/
   '- digikam/
   '- digikamimageplugins/
   '- libs/
      '- libkexif/
          '- libkexif.pc.in
      '- libkipi
          '- libkipi.pc.in

So the files are there, but possibly a directory deeper than the makefile is
expecting them.

I wondered about shifting everything in libs/ up a rung, as it were, and tryin
again, but there are a few files in the libs/ directory which have names
duplicating files already in graphics/, so that looked like trouble!

What do I do now?

--
David Aldred