[Digikam-users] Problems with the Kodak DX6440

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:23:31 BST 2005

On 8/24/05, Robert Jan Alten <RJ at lten.nl> wrote:
> After I upgraded my SuSE 9.1 to 9.3 my Kodak DX6440 is recognized in Digikam,
> but it is not possible to see the pictures, or download them any more.
>
> Now I am using Digikam 0.7.2 (using KDE 3.4.0 level "b" SuSE 9.3)

can you check if you have permissions to access the camera? Try these
commands on a konsole with the camera attached (you will need to have
gphoto2 installed):
gphoto2 -L
gphoto2 -P

The first command will list all files and the second one will download
all files. If these commands fail, then try as root. If it works as
root, then you have a permissions problem.

renchi