[Digikam-users] Compiling under x86-64 / possible improvements to Print Wizard

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Aug 20 20:03:14 BST 2005

First question: is there any issue with compiling the SVN version of Digikam
under Mandriva 2005LE x86-64?   I'd expect the answer to be 'no', but  don't
want to break anything!

Second, assuming not (and thus that I can make it work), I'm planning to add a
bit of functionality to the Print Wizard.   Some time ago, I requested a
feature to be able to print collages of pictures, which was added - but only
for Letter size paper: I'm in Europe so use A4.

Having taken a look at some of the code, it seems all I need to do is add a
layout definitions to the relevant bits of frmprintwizard.cpp to achieve
collages for A4.  If not, someone tell me now: if so, and it works, would
someone like to tell me what I do with the modifications to add them to the
project as a whole - just mail the relacement file to someone, or is it more
complicated than that?

(I'm just back from holiday and would like to print some collages of the
holiday pics....)

--
David Aldred