[Digikam-users] Help

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Mon Aug 15 09:39:31 BST 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 10:14, Bill Grady wrote:
> I downloaded digikam tonight but I can't seem to get it to
> recognize my camera.  I have a Nikon D100 SLR.  The closest one I
> can find in the list of supported cameras is the Nikon DSC D100
> (PTP Mode).  Is this the same camera?

Yes.

> What is PTP Mode?

Picture Transfer Protocol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_Transfer_Protocol

The D100 supports two ways to access the pictures.  One is the PTP
Mode and in the other the camera acts just as an external harddisk.
I think, the latter is not directly supported by camera software,
but you can easily copy the images into a local folder.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373