compile with only QT6

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue May 14 07:29:58 BST 2024

Hi,

Qt6 and Qt5 code cannot be used at the same time.

The Qt5 API can be installed in parallel tha Qt6. Here I do it to
check both implementations in separate build directory.

There is a switch in the bootstrap.linux shell script on the root dir
of the project to use Qt6 instead Qt5 :

 https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/bootstrap.linux?ref_type=heads#L18

On my system (Kubuntu 22.04 / 23.10 / 24.04) I install the Qt and KDE
version 5 frameworks from the standard packages, and I compile myself
Qt6, installed to /opt/qt6/. See my repository on github to compile Qt
and KDE frameworks version 6 :

https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-install-deps

Best

Gilles Caulier