Fwd: New generation of digiKam user manual is online...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:03:08 GMT 2023

Le mer. 4 janv. 2023 à 02:30, 7mgte <7mgte at miniblue.net> a écrit :

> Gilles,
>
> Two comments:
>
>  The first note on the Database Settings page ( » Setup Application » Database Settings ; https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/database_settings.html) refers the user to the section "Introduction of digiKam Databases" for information regarding internal storage.
>
> Is the a way to put a hot link to take the user to the page?

To put a hot link between what and what ?

> Looking through the document, the only sections I found related to databases were '» Getting started » Database' and '» Maintenance Tools » Database Cleaning'.  Neither provided much in the way of details about the structure of internal storage.  Did I miss something?

Well, with this one:

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/database_settings.html

... all is explained in detail.

In all cases, the documentation will be improved. Now as the
ReStructuredText is so far more simpler than the DocBook dinosaur, it
will be faster to provide mature documentation.

>  Does Sphinx/RestructuredText/DocUtils have any provision for directly generating an Adobe PDF file?  If so, that would be a nice option for downloading.

yes, it can but not natively. In fact, in background, to convert to
another format, Latex is used somewhere...

By default EPUB is proposed de facto, not PDF. It's in my TODO list to
add PDF target in the CI/CD

> Great job by the team on digiKam 7.9 and the new documentation!

Thanks