The word 'Aesthetic' in digikam

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 09:02:09 BST 2022

On 13/09/2022 21:56, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Le mar. 13 sept. 2022 à 21:49, Sveinn í Felli <sv1 at fellsnet.is> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While translating digKam, recently some phrases pop up:
>>
>> Detect if the image is aesthetic
>> Aesthetic Detection to classify images using deep learning model
>>
>> To be sure; the term 'aesthetic' is it a general term ('pleasant for the
>> eyes', 'beautiful', etc)
>
> This is the right definition. For more details :
>
> https://phuockhanhle.github.io/jekyll/update/2022/06/19/gsoc-2022.html
>
> Gilles Caulier

It may be allowable grammar but it is not very idiomatic English and
reads weirdly to me. Better phrases would be either 'Detect if the image
has aesthetic value' or 'Detect if the image is aesthetically pleasing',

As a side note claiming to be able to make such a subjective decision
seems to be a pretty bold claim.

Andrew