difference in <?xpacket with flatpak and appimage version, when rotate image.

Robert Davies rob at robdavies.net
Thu Sep 9 16:21:46 BST 2021

Hi

I use digikam 7.3 flatpak. It's setup so that images are rotated by only
setting a flag and writing flag to metadata.

Using the appimage version (7.3) , when I rotate the image 4 times (back
to the original position) the checksum of the file is the same as before
the image is rotated.

This isn't the same with the flatpak version, it seems like the
<?xpacket is different. I have extracted the <?xpacket from both images,
I can post them later if necessary.

Is there something I need to setup, like allow access to exiftool for
these to be the same?

Thanks,
Rob