Merging master to gsoc21-qt6-port

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:14:31 BST 2021

Hi Anjani,

Well master now includes the Image Quality Sorter project from Khanh.
Compile compile and work but it's not yet fully tested. We will include
this code in the next stable release 7.4.0.

In parallel, Nghia is currently finalizing the Face Engine project code for
later 7.4.0 (i think). There Are still plenty of tasks to do for a beta
publication. He continues to work in a separated branch which needs to be
sync with master step by step.

So yes, we can start to integrate your code step by step using patches.
Starting from the most easy to the most complex, with a sync to the Nghia
branch. But we need to take care and to do progressively to prevent
concurrencies.

In parallel, I am currently working on new codes for showfoto folder view.
Code is well separated and available here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/core/showfoto/folderview

There is also a new plugin to stream collections as MJPEG. It's also well
separated and completed :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/core/dplugins/generic/tools/mjpegstream

Both need your experience to prepare the code for Qt6.

I know that Maik working to fix bugs exclusively as September is always a
time consuming for him with working hours. He can confirm this in this room.

Both need your experience to prepare the code for Qt6.

Please continue to use the MR in gitlab as usual.

Voilà, if you have more Q, don't hesitate.

My best regards

Gilles Caulier