Showfoto with a new Folder View sidebar...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:57:01 BST 2021

Hi all,

I'm currently working to finalize a small development to add a new folder
view sidebar tab on the left side of Showfoto. This allows you to navigate
to the local disk and to explore directory contents quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/nh1GG98.png

There is no KIO support and not remote urls support. I don't plan to
implement this as it's not very well portable outside Linux (The same
feature in Kate is dropped from Windows version for ex).

The code relevant of this feature is located in a new devel branch here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/showfotofolderview/core/showfoto/main

Best