Build Process

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 21:09:40 GMT 2021

Hi,

The plugins use the digikam core shared libraries. If changes are only done
in plugins and not in core libs, the plugins can be recompiled and
installed alone.
I do it to speed up the development process of a plugin. Just use 'make' in
the build directory of the wanted plugin. To install, as root run 'make
install/fast'. To test at run-time, use Showfoto or digiKam. There is also
a small CLI tool in tests/dplugins named 'loadandrun_generic_gui' for
Generic plugin type.

Best

Gilles Caulier